Welcome to the Twin Rivers Council Member Events Page.
We work as a council and with community partners to offer fun family-friendly events to the scouts of Twin Rivers. Looking to work with us?Inquiries can be submitted to email@example.com.
Scouting Light Fight
What does it mean to be a scout? What does a scout do? What symbols make you think of scouts? Better than telling us – show us! Twin Rivers Council invites all scouts to compete in our first annual Scouting Light Fight. Scouts are challenged to create an outdoor light display that represents what being a scout is all about. Scouts may work individually, in small groups, as a den, or as a unit.
- All entries must be received between November 20th and December 15th, 2022.
- Entries should be submitted via this form: http://ow.ly/6M1c50LHmqF
- Only one (1) entry form per display.
- Entries will be posted to social media for voting for the Social Select category on December 16th and will be open until the 22nd. Winners will be announced on December 23, 2022. One prize will be awarded in each of the following categories:
- Council Choice – selected by Council office staff
- Social Select – selected by the most votes on social media
- District Delight – selected by the District Commissioners
Each scout participant of the winning design in each category will receive an award and a gift certificate to cover the cost for their next rank advancement. The unit of the winning design will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Scout Shop.
- No Purchase Necessary - Purchase does not enhance chance of winning. Odds of winning are determined by number of submissions. Void where prohibited. This contest is hosted by Twin Rivers Council.
- Entries will only be accepted via the entry form. Entries must be submitted via the form beginning 12:01 am EST November 20, 2022 and ending 11:59 pm EST December 15, 2022. Entries must include a photo (acceptable formats: JPEG, PNG, or PDF) and all required form details. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Eligibility requirements – The Scout must be a registered member of Twin Rivers Council at time of entry.
- Winners will be chosen and announced December 23, 2022. Three (3) total prizes will be awarded with one (1) in each of the following categories: Council Choice, Social Select, and District Delight. Prizes will consist of a printed and framed certificate for each child participant of the winning design and a gift certificate for their next rank advancement from the Scout Shop. The unit of the majority of scout participants of the winning design will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Scout Shop. Prizes will be distributed after January 1, 2023. Judging for all categories will be done by majority rule. If there should be a tie in a category, the winner will be chosen at random from the two tied entries. One entry can win in multiple categories as the panel for each category is different.
- By submitting entry into the contest, Entrant agrees that they and/or their parent or guardian have sole rights to the photograph(s) submitted. As such, participant and/or their parent or guardian release the rights to photograph(s) submitted to Twin Rivers Council. By submitting entry into the contest, Entrants agree to have their name and/or scout details published in digital or print in conjunction with the contest or future contests.
Scout Day at Christmas Land
Looking for a fun holiday outing? Twin Rivers Council has partnered with Christmas Land in Altamont for the ultimate holiday adventure. Bring your family, your den, or your whole unit for a fun day of winter activities.
The flexibility of this package is that it can be purchased for ANY weekend that Christmas Land is open. More details in the flyer below. To purchase your tickets: http://ow.ly/KkQh50KZTmG