National Youth Ledership Training
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is an exciting and powerful program designed to provide members of the Boy Scouts of America (ages 14 and over) with leadership skills and experience they can use to lead themselves and others. This week-long outdoor experience represents a month in the model life of a typical Scout unit. This course is designed to compliment leadership training at the unit level and is a follow on to Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops.
The NYLT course centers on the concepts of what a leader must BE, KNOW, and DO.
The health and safety of everyone in our camps is our highest priority. We are actively planning for the best ways to administer camp to allow everyone a safe and fun
What will Scouts Do at NYLT?
- Every day is filled with activity. The concepts of what a leader must BE, must KNOW, and must DO are taught, demonstrated, and lived in the out of doors. Immediate use of new ideas is stressed in a fun atmosphere based on the principles of Scouting. Everything we do is applicable to unit leadership back home. Participants are taught by skilled Scout staff members and veteran adult leaders. The days are very full.
What is the Purpose of NYLT?
- Provide a toolbox of leadership skills
- Relate these skills to leading in their unit
- Instill knowledge and confidence to run the unit program
- Enhance relationship between the Scout and the unit
- Share ideas and experiences with other Scouts
- Experience Scouting at its best
- Have fun!