Real-World, Hands-On Career Discovery!
Exploring provides exciting activities and mentorship for youth looking to discover their future. Whether you’re a local organization looking to strengthen the community or a young person wanting to uncover the possibilities of your future, Exploring is a great place to start.
Exploring is a co-ed youth program for young men and women in the 6th grade thru 20 years old. The program offers hands-on career discovery through interactive activities that help youth pursue special interests, grow, and develop.
- Exploring groups for high school and older members are called Posts
- Exploring groups for middle school members are called Clubs
Often, Explorers develop valuable professional contacts that are impactful when entering the workforce. And sometimes, the greatest lesson Explorers learn is that the career they thought they wanted to pursue is, in fact, not what they thought it was.
- Click here for a list of Exploring Units in your area-Post Listing 4-12-2022
- Click here for more information about Exploring including renewals and forms
- Click here for Exploring training and safety
- Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about Exploring Training
EXPLORING OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Improved self-confidence
- Leadership experience and social network development
- Fun and Exciting “hands-on” career experiences
- Community service opportunities
- College & Career Readiness preparation
- Scholarship opportunities
Exploring Resource Materials:
"You can actually see young people grow, becoming members of the community as their curiosity is satisfied through Exploring. We attract sharp young people during their formative years." - Hal Shevers, Exploring Adult Volunteer